Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Are Online Connections Reality?

Looking back, I haven't always needed people. Maybe due to the fact that I have 3 younger sisters, 6 Aunts and a large extended family.  I don't recall the joy of connecting, the way I do now.  Is it a manic thing?  Is it even real?  This emotional thrill of connecting with old friend & making new ones creates a buzz that makes me freekin HAPPY.  I can't help but wonder, is it a legit happiness? How has my life been changed by these connections?  
In all honesty...YES! I am happier now that 4 years ago...pre Facebook, pre Twitter, Pre Social Media life.  If I need to express myself and feel heard....I CAN NOW!  If I am antsy and want to be naughty, I CAN! Throw an elusive post out there and WOW....watch the banter begin! We can support local business just by LIKING their page. We can make a friends day just by posting a silly joke on their wall....we can wish happy birthday to people that we never would have an opportunity too!
Connecting, sharing invoke real feelings...for me....it's JOY. It may be related to Manic but I'll take it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment